Pages


Sunday, November 25, 2012

Lets start with Easy Street and go from there!

Well, here I am after a loooong absence, trying my hand at this blogging thing again. My goal is to post once a week. Lots of changes at our house. My husband has gone back to work after 5 years of being home with a back injury. He is a truck driver, so this means he is gone for 4 or 5 days at a time, leaving me with lots of time for sewing and knitting. It also means that I am home being sole caregiver to his mum, who lives with us. She is 91 years old and has dementia, so looking after her is a full time job. She can be left alone for short periods during the day, but she's scared to be alone after dark. She goes to a day program twice a week, so those are the days I do my shopping and such. She is keeping busy knitting, mostly dishcloths as following a pattern is very difficult for her. Anyone needs dishcloths, she has tons!

 I have been busy sewing this week-end. Got a good start on Easy Street. For anyone not familiar, this is a mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter. The first clue came out on Friday.You can check out other peoples start to this project by going to Quiltville's blog post linky here:http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/11/easy-street-monday-link-up-1.html
:
 These are my first 100 4 patches for Easy Street. I need a total of 192.I have the rest cut out and ready to sew together. The clues come out once a week, every Friday, for the next 6-8 weeks.
This is the machine I am sewing on, my 1947 Singer Featherweight. I bought it on Ebay, and it works like a charm. All I needed to do was put in a new needle and a new lightbulb.
 A pair of Honeycomb Mittens I am working on. These ones are knit with 100% MacAusland's wool. The pattern is available on Craftsy http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/knitting/accessory/honeycomb-mittens/25158
 This is a pair of socks I'm knitting for a Christmas present for my dad. The yarn is Patons Kroy.
 Last night Michaels had a 70% off sale on their Craftsmart yarn from 7 pm until 10 pm. I bought 27 balls of yarn for $1.04 each. That is enough yarn to keep me knitting hats and mittens until I'm at least 150 yrs old! My husband calls me a hoarder, and I.m beginning to think he is right. I did not need more yarn.
This is a quilt I finished up last winter. The pattern was in a quilt magazine, but I don't remember which one.

No comments:

Post a Comment