Pages


Thursday, November 3, 2016

I'm Back !!!!!

I can't believe it's been over a year since I updated my blog. I really don't have any excuses, other than work kinda gets in my way during the summer. That doesn't explain why I never blogged at all last winter, though. This winter I will do better.

I have been suffering with a painful shoulder for the last month or so, so I haven't done a lot of knitting, I'm waiting to hear the results of my x-ray, but in the meantime the pain does seem to be easing off a bit. I am working on a couple of Christmas gifts and a baby blanket, but can't show any pictures of those quite yet. I have also dug out my long term winter project, my sock yarn blanket. I try to do at least 10 squares a month.


I have also started spending a bit of time in the sewing room. I am going to try really hard to finish up several projects, and NOT start anything new. Today I put together the first four blocks of my Allietare mystery quilt. Here are my goals for this winter:

1. Piece together and quilt last year's mystery quilt, Allietare

2. Quilt my Easy Street flimsy

3. Finish piecing my Sister's Choice. I think I need about a dozen more blocks. I need to replenish my supply of neutrals and browns (star tips)

4. If I finish the first 3 goals, I have a Thimbleberries kit, "3's Company" that I'd love to work on. It is from 2009 (gasp!), and I only have the first 3 months done.

 and......I am also hoping to join the Stash Bee. It is only a commitment of one block a month, so that shouldn't be a problem. I won't find out until next month if there is a spot for me...keeping my fingers crossed...it looks like a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment